Release Date:[edit | edit source]
May 21, 1993
List Price: $14.99
VHS Supplements[edit | edit source]
|1||Green FBI Warnings||June 19, 1992|
|2||Videos preview for Fraggle Rock||April 30, 1993|
|3||Promo for Alvin and the Chipmunks Sing Along Songs||May 21, 1993|
|4||Green Feature Program (version 2)||May 21, 1993|
|5||Muppet Sing Alongs; Billy Bunny's Animal Songs||May 21, 1993|
Characters[edit | edit source]
- Kermit the Frog
- Billy Bunny
- Billy's Mommy
- Billy's Daddy
- Billy's Siblings
- Edgar, Cecil, and Percival
- Slimey the Worm (cameo)
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Kermit the Frog welcomes the viewer to the Muppet Sing-Along Video and allows us to hear a story about a bunny who travels outside his home to learn new songs from his animal friends and to sing-along to them.
Our story begins when Billy Bunny is at his family home, singing "Hoppity-Boppity", which is the only song he knows. Billy's mommy asks him to go outside to learn new songs. Billy first stops by at a gopher village, where he discovers that every gopher looks the same, despite them having different personalities ("We Are Different"). Next, he meets three bears - Cecil, Edgar, and Percival - who sing a rap about their ways of roaring ("Bear Rap").
Next, he meets a termite who singing about his joys of eating wood ("The Termite Chew"). As Billy enters a deep forest, he meets two raccoons. When he asks them what they're doing here in the woods, they explain that it's a secret and they sing about it ("I Have a Secret"). Next, Billy accidentally bumps into a porcupine. He appears to be fine, but the porcupine invites him to her jazz club and sings "Please Don't Bump Into Me".
Next, Billy goes over to a pond, where he meets some frogs, who sing about their "Frog Talk". Finally, Billy meets a turtle and asks is he knows any songs. The turtle says he doesn't know much... except that he likes to see what's going on around the bay and then does a "teeter-totter" on a rock and swims away. The turtle sums it up into a song - "Swim Away, Hooray!" - and Billy joins in with him. Now, Billy has to go home for dinner.
When Billy comes home, he explains to his family that he knows eight songs, and the one song Billy likes most is "Hoppity-Boppity". Billy's family joins in with him and Kermit thanks the viewers for singing along with Billy. All the animals reprise "Hoppity-Boppity" together, ending the video.
Songs[edit | edit source]
- "We Are Different"
- "Bear Rap"
- "The Termite Chew"
- "I Have a Secret"
- "Please Don't Bump Into Me"
- "Frog Talk"
- "Swim Away, Hooray!"
- "Hoppity-Boppity" (reprise)
Advertised on:[edit | edit source]
- Disney's Sing Along Songs: Friend Like Me (1993 VHS) (April 30, 1993)
- Alvin & The Chipmunks Sing Along Songs: Ragtime Cowboy Joe (1993 VHS) (April 30, 1993)
- Fraggle Rock [Volumes 1-4] (1993 VHS)
- Fraggle Rock Vol. 1 Meet the Fraggles (1993 VHS) (September 29, 1993)
- Fraggle Rock Vol. 2 Fraggle Fun and Doozer Doings (1993 VHS) (September 29, 1993)
- Fraggle Rock Vol. 3 The Fraggles Search and Find (1993 VHS) (September 29, 1993)
- Fraggle Rock Vol. 4 The Haunting Of Castle Gorg (1993 VHS) (September 29, 1993)
- Where's Spot? (1993 VHS) (September 29, 1993)
- Spot Goes to the Farm (1993 VHS) (September 29, 1993)
- Muppet Sing Alongs: It's Not Easy Being Green (1994 VHS) (February 18, 1994)
- Spot Goes to a Party (1994 VHS) (May 6, 1994)